11th Annual Songwriting Contest
Get updates about the 11th Annual Christian Songwriting Contest as well as other exciting events from CCM Network International!
11th Annual Songwriting Contest Prizes!
- $5,000.00 (USD) Cash Prize.
- Music Production of one song by Sean Hill at Uphill Studios. ($1500 value, a music artist will be provided if applicable)
- Premium Radio Promotion Service for One Song by A-Sides Radio Promotion. ($1200 value, song must be radio ready and is subject to approval.)
- A 1-Year Feature Profile at http://www.ccmni.com.
- S.O.T.Y. Announcement Banner for 1-Year on the Home Page at http://CCMNetworkInternational.com
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 11th Annual Songwriter of the year!
- $250.00 (USD) Cash Prize.
- 3-Month Radio Promotion Service for One Song by CCM Network International. ($499 value, song must be radio ready and is subject to approval.)
- A press release will be sent to several radio stations and news agencies announcing you as the 1st place winner.
- A 3-month Feature Profile at http://www.ccmni.com.
- 1st Place Announcement at http://CCMNetworkInternational.com/winners/ with a link to your website
11th Annual Songwriting Contest Rules & Entry Procedures:
- Once we have received 500 entries for the current quarter, we will close the entries for that quarter. Otherwise, we will abide by the following deadlines, whichever comes first.
- The 1st Quarter Entry Deadline is March 31, 2013.
- The 2nd Quarter Entry Deadline is June 30, 2013.
- The 3rd Quarter Entry Deadline is September 30, 2013.
- The 4th Quarter Entry Deadline is December 31, 2013.
As long as everything goes as planned, we will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners within 60 days of each entry deadline for that quarter. All winners will be announced via our e-mail list and on our website.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
By entering this contest, you are acknowledging that you understand and agree to the following:
- All contestants must be 18 years of age or have parent or guardian consent.
- Songs that have been published and/or copyrighted may be entered, but songs that have been recorded by a major label artist are not eligible.
- Your songs do not have to be “radio-ready” to enter the contest. The judging will not be on recording quality. It will be on the quality of the song & lyrics. You may use a home demo with piano or guitar only for the background if you choose to.
- You are responsible for making all deadlines and you (or any cowriters of the songs entered) will not hold CCMNI or any other parties involved liable for any entries not received on time.
- If there are cowriters for the songs entered, only one set of prizes will be sent and received by the primary songwriter winning the contest.
- Other than the prizes listed on the website for the 11th Annual Songwriting Contest, you agree not hold CCMNI or any other parties involved responsible for any liability in any way.
- The prizes may vary based on availability.
- All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited by law.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will the results of the contest be announced?
We will strive to announce the results of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners within 60 days of the deadline for each quarter as long as all goes as planned. The Songwriter of the Year Award will be announced on or before March 15th, 2014.
Will I receive feedback on the song I enter?
I’m sorry, but due to the number of entries, we will not be able to provide individual critiques. However, we will provide a detailed list of the judging criteria and what the judges look for within each category to everyone that enters the contest. We will also provide you with a self-evaluation form and details on how to grade your own song. We will also provide you with a list of common errors, flaws, and weaknesses commonly seen within many of the song entries. We will also provide a detailed critique of the winning song from each quarter with the reasons that particular song was chosen as the winner. All of these details and critiques will prove to be beneficial to everyone that enters the contest.
Do the entries have to be recorded with accompaniment?
If you have the opportunity to use accompaniment for your song, it will help. However, if you do not have time or resources to record the song with accompaniment, a capella will work just fine.
Do the entries have to be radio ready?
No! The judging is on the quality of the song, not the quality of the singer or the recording/production quality.
Do the entries have to be a particular style?
Contemporary Christian Music has a wide range of styles. Whether your songs are AC, pop, rock, P&W or urban/R&B/black gospel, send them to us!
Will I know what rank my entries place if I don’t place in the top three?
We will only announce the placement of the top three entries. However, we will announce which songwriters make it through each phase of the contest so you can see how far you make it as we move through the judging process.
Will I still have complete rights to the song I enter into the contest?
Absolutely! You may be contacted by someone about the song if they like it well enough to record or pitch it. However, nothing changes just because you entered the song into the contest. You still have complete rights to the song. You may even be contacted by one of the judges or personnel involved for a publishing deal, but whether you accept any deals will be totally up to you!
You can view the latest contest updates in the members section by clicking here. Not a member yet? It’s free to join.
CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE CURRENT SONGWRITING CONTEST!